Big Family Fun at Adventure City

Adventure City Anaheim California Toddler Amusement Park

When family visits us it usually means a trip to Disneyland or Knott’s Berry Farm – and we love those amusement parks. However, when my sister decided to visit a couple weeks ago we decided to try something new – Adventure City in Anaheim. I have lived in L.A. my whole life and had never visited this unique California theme park for young children. It has been around for decades (it was formerly known as Hobby City) and now that Jack is two it seemed the perfect place to go.

Just down the road from Knott’s Berry Farm, Adventure City was really easy to find and parking was plentiful – and free! Where do you get free parking anymore?
Adventure City Anaheim California Toddler Amusement Park
The entrance fee was only $14.95 per person but we used the coupons Sarah found online at the Anaheim Visitor and Convention Bureau’s website to get an additional $2.00 off.  Upon entering the park all of us adults thought it was adorable. Everything was decorated well, sparkling clean and just plain cute. The staff we encountered throughout the park were all friendly, helpful and seemed genuinely happy to be there which was refreshing.

Adventure City Anaheim California Toddler Amusement ParkMy sister and I took Jack on the Fire Rescue ride, where you get to pick a rescue vehicle and ride around a small track with lights blazing. I think my sister had as much fun as Jack! We also went on the airplane ride and visited the petting zoo before heading over to my son’s favorite thing of all – the choo choo train. We ended up going on it twice, riding all around the park (and through their birthday party room) and Adventure City Anaheim California Toddler Amusement Parkwatching employees wave to us along the way. Other venues in Southern California that have trains can charge $2.50 – $3.00 per ride which can add up quickly!  At Adventure City your kids can ride over and over and over again until they get their fill all for $14.95. I think the train and carousel alone are worth the admission cost. There are several rides such as the Freeway Coaster or Drop Zone that would satisfy older children who enjoy something racier.  Adventure City has 11 rides in all plus other attractions like a rock climbing wall, shows and an arcade to keep kids of all ages entertained.

Adventure City Anaheim California Toddler Amusement ParkWe did have lunch at the park and our meal was fine. It’s typical amusement park food with burgers, hot dogs and chips as standard fare, but they do offer a chicken wrap which was fairly tasty. If you prefer to bring your own food there are several tables both inside and outside the park available for your use.

Overall our experience was great and I know we will be going back again and again in the future, and probably bringing more people with us. While we all still love Disneyland and Knott’s, Adventure City is tailored to the little ones which makes it special. If you’ve been to Adventure City leave us a comment and let us know what your experience was like!

13 Responses to Big Family Fun at Adventure City
  1. [...] and Convention Bureau website. If you would like to read more about our visit to Adventure City, read my post at our other blog The Charmed Mom! Keep up with the latest So Cal deals – Subscribe via e-mail for a daily summary of posts, like [...]

2. estella
    May 3, 2012 | 6:03 am

We have to try this sometime. It sounds fantastic and lots of fun!

3. Caroline72
    May 3, 2012 | 10:14 am

I do believe that huge family bonding have also a huge happiness, this is the perfect image of what’s family real to be… Every weekend we have also a great fun like this…

4. Dhyan
    May 6, 2012 | 6:25 pm

I have a big family and everytime we have celebrations, it is just fun and so noisy because the more, the happier..

5. nelly
    May 10, 2012 | 4:43 am

I so miss riding the carousel with my mom. Seems like yesterday :(
    nelly recently posted..Best kitchen island

6. jennifer
    May 14, 2012 | 2:43 am

riding the carousel is full of fun and excitement, especially when you are able to do this with your love one…
    jennifer recently posted..SEO

7. Laura
    May 17, 2012 | 7:05 am

To upgrade your playing experience, you can purchase Adventure Coins, which can be exchanged in the game for rare items and additional inventory space. Coins can also be exchanged for gold at any shop in the game. If you don’t want to spend real-world money on virtual items, you can install the Battle Bar, a browser toolbar that rewards you with free Adventure Coins.
    Laura recently posted..Bilder an einer Ausstellung

8. Jenny Kier
    July 11, 2012 | 1:14 am

I haven’t try riding a carousel. I wonder why my mom didn’t bring me here.
    Jenny Kier recently posted..Sex : How to Improve your Sexual Performance

9. Trisha Mckee
    July 29, 2012 | 10:21 pm

Last month I brought my kids in this sort of place and they are enjoying riding a carousel.
    Trisha Mckee recently posted..Sex is better with Thicker and Stronger Penis

10. My relatives every time say that I am killing my time here at
    net, however I know I am getting know-how everyday by reading thes good articles.
    http://www.affordableautoinsuranceonline.com/ recently posted..http://www.affordableautoinsuranceonline.com/

11. Google
    November 19, 2013 | 10:26 am

You should take part in a contest for one of the finest sites on the internet.
    I am going to recommend this web site!
    Google recently posted..Google

12. cassino
    July 28, 2014 | 5:04 am

Superb overcome! I must apprentice simultaneously just like you amend your web site, just how can i personally register for a weblog site? The actual bill aided me a acceptable package. I have already been somewhat common of the your own over the air presented outstanding transparent strategy

13. Juvan
    August 12, 2015 | 4:56 pm

Hey Heidi!I am currently in Madrid and my hunabsd and I have been toying with the idea of moving to Germany. I am an English teacher here and so far haven’t had too much trouble finding jobs. Is is difficult to find a job as an English teacher there?Thanks!