Disneyland Fun with the Little Ones

I’d love to designate one day each week and make it our Disneyland day -  in a perfect world where there were no blackout days, no super hot days, no traffic, gas prices were much lower and the thought of taking all three kids anywhere by myself wasn’t an overwhelming prospect. My oldest son is spending a few days with Grandma and Grandpa, so I thought I’d try my luck with two.

A couple weeks back, I happened upon this challenge from Magical Days With the Mouse. A Gowalla trip designed just for the littlest Disneyland explorers.  This gave us a plan for the day, 12 spots to visit and enjoy.  One thing I learned on our trip yesterday – wrangling two two year olds and taking pictures in the process is no easy feat!  There were few great photos, but plenty of great memories.

We can’t get through the turnstiles without getting everyone a map.  Our day began in Fantasyland.

King Arthur Carrousel Disneyland

King Arthur Carrousel

Casey Jr. Circus Train

Casey Jr. Circus Train

When someone wants to sit in the pink cage  (“Pink! Pink! Piiink!!”) and someone else wants to sit in the orange one, someone is bound to be a little unhappy.   Fortunately the pout wouldn’t last long.

it's a small world

it's a small world

it’s a small world

Around the park on the Disneyland Railroad

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Big Thunder Ranch

Making new friends at Big Thunder Ranch

Playing a tune at Goofy’s Playhouse

Goofing around on the Monorail

Cooling off at Princess Dot Puddle Park

Look at that yummy cupcake!  Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train

There goes Sulley!  Monsters to the Rescue

Monsters Inc. Roz Slug

Nope, still not seeing the resemblance

Down the rock slide at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.  Over and over and over again.

Mission complete!

Whew, what a day!

Think there isn’t much a two year old can do at Disneyland? Think again!

13 Responses to Disneyland Fun with the Little Ones
  1. Sarah Magical Days with the Mouse
    May 6, 2011 | 11:55 am

Yay!!! I love this post! Congratulations on being the first to complete my Gowalla trip! Send me an email at the email address I’m leaving with this comment, so I can get you your prize!
    I love the water pictures, looks like they had as much fun as my little one has!
    Thanks for taking on the challenge!! :D

2. Gaylin
    May 6, 2011 | 12:12 pm

What an awesome day! Love the last two pictures, priceless.

3. Shop with Me Mama (Kim)
    May 6, 2011 | 7:32 pm

So sweet! Looks like you all had a blast!
    Shop with Me Mama (Kim) recently posted..Get More Family Time with An Outdoor Patio Set

4. Katie
    May 7, 2011 | 1:29 pm

So jealous that you can go often! I can’t wait to bring my daughter there. It’s one of my favorite places ever!

5. Tammy
    May 8, 2011 | 8:58 am

Very cool, I’m going to have to check that Gowalla out!
    Tammy recently posted..Cralmonary Swiss Turkey Sandwich

6. blueviolet @ A Nut in a Nutshell
    May 9, 2011 | 6:40 am

Holy cow! When they were done, they were DONE!!!! What a day of fun!
    blueviolet @ A Nut in a Nutshell recently posted..Sigh It&8217s Time To Get a Job

7. Penelope
    May 9, 2011 | 10:20 am

Those photos are awesome. They look so pooped at the end from the day of fun :)

8. Michelle
    May 10, 2011 | 9:21 am

I am going to check out that app! We have one that shows all the wait times for the rides and I love it, we usually hit the rides with the shortest wait times. When we went last week, the park was pretty empty. We practically walked onto Small World and all the other rides were pretty much under a 5 minute wait.

I do not mind the blockouts during the summer because it is way too hot to enjoy the park. I will be posting pictures later today of our visit.

BTW, my daughter has the same princess outfit – too cute!
    Michelle recently posted..Mom’s Healthy Lifestyle – Just Add Kids!

9. Rachel @ Yellow Tennessee
    May 31, 2011 | 10:25 am

You are brave for going it alone with 2 little ones.

But the pictures are great and two passed out kiddos on the way home spells success to me.
    Rachel @ Yellow Tennessee recently posted..30 Day Song Challenge Day 19- a song from your favorite album

10. Kasandria Reasoner
    June 25, 2011 | 1:20 pm

Looks like a super fun day!
    Kas
    Kasandria Reasoner recently posted..John Lasseter Interview Transcript and Fun Info

11. jasmine
    June 27, 2011 | 9:10 am

awe…They are totally tuckered out! I bet they slept great! Always a plus when you’re a mom ;)

p.s.
    I think there maybe something wrong with your comluv. There was an update recently. A lot of folks with comluv had to uninstall, then reinstall comluv to fix the bug. :)
    jasmine recently posted..Invalid Feed

12. Courtney
    June 27, 2011 | 6:10 pm

So adorable!
    Courtney recently posted..Chocolate Chip Muffins

13. Jenny
    October 8, 2011 | 12:41 am

I don’t really feel the same about these (except for the value resort.) Mainly because they don’t really apply to how we tour the parks.

I do wish Disneyland had the people mover. They have that unused track. I just wish they’d bring back the people mover!

I know there isn’t space for it, but the main thing I miss when I’m at Disneyland is Epcot.
    Jenny recently posted..Health and Fitness Facts