Review: Vons Home Grocery Delivery

Vons Home Grocery Delivery

My normal grocery shopping routine goes something like this:

Spend all day trying to put together a shopping list, during naptime and those fleeting moments when nobody is fighting or crying or making a mess.  Then get the kids to bed late, make myself (barely) presentable and head out to the store exhausted.  All I really want to do is relax but it’s gotta be done.  I could do my shopping during the day of course, though somehow it’s even less appealing.  Shopping with a four year old and two two year olds is hardly my idea of a good time.  On the plus side, the store is never crowded.  I’d still rather be unwinding with a book, wasting time on Facebook or watching bad television.

When I got an e-mail asking if I’d like to try out Vons Home Grocery Delivery, you can bet that it took me only seconds to reply with an enthusiastic “YES”.  I placed my first order from the comfort of my couch, with my hair in a messy ponytail, in pajamas.  And it was kind of fun.  I did have a few frustrating moments when registering for the site, until it dawned on me that the reason it wouldn’t accept my e-mail address was that it wanted it to be entered in all caps.   From then on, it was smooth sailing.  If you have a shopping list, you can search for the specific items you need.  You can also browse the selection aisle by aisle.  While the selection wasn’t quite as extensive as I’d find in store, I did manage to find everything I needed and some great Vons Club specials to boot.

Once you are ready to checkout, you select a delivery window.  The standard window is four hours, you can make that shorter for an additional fee.  You’ll also decide how you want out of stock items to be handled.  There are several options here: substitute for the same item in a different size, substitute with another brand, etc.  I didn’t want any surprises on my bill for substitutions of higher priced items, so I opted to have any out of stock items left off of my order.  Order submitted I put the computer aside and turned on an episode of Mad Men, which I’ll take over spending my evening loading up the car, driving home and putting groceries away any day.

The next day, our groceries were set for delivery between 10 and 2.  Around 1:45 we received a call from the driver to let us know that he’d be a little late.  Gotta love L.A. traffic.  I had to rush out the door to meet up with a friend, but luckily my husband didn’t have afternoon plans.  Besides, watching out the window for the truck kept my kids entertained for an extra few minutes.  I had intended to get pictures of my groceries to share, but by the time I got home everything had been put away.  I love my husband.  I can tell you that the produce was perfect and the refrigerated and frozen items arrived nice and cold.  The delivery driver was friendly and left us with an itemized receipt.  Of the 40+ items I ordered, only three were out of stock.

Overall, this was a positive experience.  One major downside to shopping online – you can’t use most of your manufacturer’s coupons.  (You can load some coupons from Cellfire, Shortcuts and P&G eSAVER to your Vons Club card.)  Being that I love my coupons, I’ll probably be sticking to my late night grocery runs for the most part.  However, when I’m pressed for time or can’t get out of the house, home delivery is a great option to have.  I wish I had taken advantage of it while I was on bedrest before my twins were born.

Ready to try Vons Home Delivery yourself?  From now until 9/30, you’ll receive $7 off your first order and FREE delivery when you use the coupon code “CHARMED” at checkout.  Note: Vons is a Safeway company, so you should be able to use the code there too!

Disclosure: I was provided with gift cards from DEI Worldwide on behalf of Vons to facilitate this review.  The opinions expressed here are all my own.

58 Responses to Review: Vons Home Grocery Delivery
  1. MommytheMaid
    September 9, 2010 | 7:43 am

I have always wanted to try the Kings Soopers home delivery here. You can load electronic coupons and all that and the first 3 deliveries don’t charge a delivery fee, but I worry about them being out of stock of an item that I need for that night’s recipe. Plus, you can’t shop aisle by aisle like you were talking about. You have inspired me though and maybe I will try it next week.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

2. takeaway Menu
    September 6, 2013 | 6:05 pm

A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment. I do believe
    that you need to publish more about this subject, it may not
    be a taboo matter but usually people do not talk about such subjects.
    To the next! Best wishes!!
    takeaway Menu recently posted..takeaway Menu

3. Horace
    July 16, 2014 | 7:05 am

Finally i quit my regular job, now i earn decent money online you
    should try too, just search in google – bluehand
    roulette system
    Horace recently posted..Horace

4. nordstrom coupons online
    July 28, 2014 | 2:12 am

Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a
    weblog website? The account helped me a appropriate deal.

I were tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast offered bright transparent idea
    nordstrom coupons online recently posted..nordstrom coupons online

5. Annette
    August 23, 2014 | 5:11 pm

I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably
    you spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save
    you a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates
    unique, google friendly articles in seconds, just type in google – laranitas free content source
    Annette recently posted..Annette

6. Selene
    August 29, 2014 | 3:44 pm

I read a lot of interesting content here. Probably you spend a lot of
    time writing, i know how to save you a lot of time, there
    is an online tool that creates high quality, SEO friendly articles
    in minutes, just type in google – laranitas free content source
    Selene recently posted..Selene

7. Two Cans Advertising
    October 8, 2014 | 2:24 pm

For instance, it can be valuable to have web sites geared
    toward your city or inside a associated marketplace saying
    that the internet site is about being a bakery in Cerritos.

Make sure your website doesn’t have elements
    that make it difficult for robots and humans to peruse it.

This part may necessitate the help of a skilled SEO in Los Angeles to carry this out
    efficiently, appropriately and safely.
    Two Cans Advertising recently posted..Two Cans Advertising

8. extra
    July 14, 2015 | 1:09 am

of the people lower class rooms but which are almost anyplace you visit. Also, when

9. go.com
    August 6, 2015 | 2:19 pm

Not long self released my very first novel because both a
    report and a branded book. A lot of people find it a breeze to obtain a payday advance.
    You will find there’s tendency to help conjointly thanks doing avoidable hue as well as cry with
    regard to little prompt funds!
    go.com recently posted..go.com

10. villas guadalmina
    August 9, 2015 | 1:04 pm

Actually no matter if someone doesn’t be aware of after that its up to
    other users that they will help, so here it happens.
    villas guadalmina recently posted..villas guadalmina

11. Gees Fashion World
    August 28, 2015 | 11:12 am

A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment. There’s no doubt that that you
    need to write more on this subject, it may not be a taboo matter but usually folks don’t talk about such subjects.
    To the next! All the best!!
    Gees Fashion World recently posted..Gees Fashion World

12. pangea organics
    August 30, 2015 | 1:21 am

Most protein shakes are loaded with sugar, fat, and other ingredients that aren’t even necessary for the body.
    As mentioned earlier, Visalus seriously isn’t a gimmick.
    Well, mainly because it is tricky to differentiate your products and
    solutions from other providers this sort of as Herbalife,
    Pharmanex, Usana, Noni, or any of the other hundreds of herbal supplement Multi level marketing companies about the planet.
    pangea organics recently posted..pangea organics

13. brain abundance
    August 30, 2015 | 1:22 am

Apart from this you also earn through your commissions as an person and as a
    member of a crew. This isn’t the only reason that
    we know Vi – Salus isn’t a scam; the product is real, and it’s backed by real research in nutrition too.
    Right after reading this Vi – Salus evaluation you are most likely thinking
    that Vi – Salus is an excellent opportunity as well as are ready to get started.
    brain abundance recently posted..brain abundance

14. guadalmina estate agents
    November 4, 2015 | 9:11 am

Simply wish to say your article is as surprising. The clearness
    in your post is simply excellent and i could assume you
    are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated
    with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.
    guadalmina estate agents recently posted..guadalmina estate agents

15. http://www.kirundiforum.com
    November 15, 2015 | 9:12 am

Awesome issues here. I am very happy to peer your post.
    Thank you a lot and I’m having a look forward to touch you.

Will you please drop me a e-mail? http://www.kirundiforum.com
    http://www.kirundiforum.com recently posted..http://www.kirundiforum.com

16. http://www.bearsbuddiesandtoyssantee.com
    November 18, 2015 | 7:24 pm

Hi everyone, it’s my first go tto see at ths website, and article is
    iin fact fruitful for me, keep up posting these types of articles.
    http://www.bearsbuddiesandtoyssantee.com recently posted..http://www.bearsbuddiesandtoyssantee.com

17. american awards music
    November 19, 2015 | 8:08 pm

American Idol XIV will premiere on Fox community on January 14, 2015.
    american awards music recently posted..american awards music

18. http://www.spidermonkeyfilms.com
    November 19, 2015 | 8:15 pm

Heyya i am for the first tme here. I came across this board aand I
    to find It truly helpful & it helped me out
    a lot. I’m holing to give something again and help others like yoou helped me.

http://www.spidermonkeyfilms.com recently posted..http://www.spidermonkeyfilms.com

19. music videos without music bad romance
    November 25, 2015 | 9:32 pm

I believe typically in case you are using dwelling-made videos – no one goes to care a lot :)
    - since as you pointed out the proprietor
    can at all times simply disable the link. From
    basic follow and what I see because the “norm” here on HP,
    most hubbers appear to use embedded YouTube videos and if there is an issue, the hyperlinks come up as disabled by
    proprietor’s request.
    music videos without music bad romance recently posted..music videos without music bad romance

20. c2510965736064151634
    November 26, 2015 | 2:38 pm

A) I feel youre the idiot and a terrible judgemental hateful person B) ive smoked hookah for two years and might
    guarantee that hookah is less dangerous than cigarette until youre a continual smoker like cigarette smokers.
    c2510965736064151634 recently posted..c2510965736064151634

21. green tea ice cream brands
    November 30, 2015 | 7:03 pm

Nervousness and hyperactivity can occur in some youngsters from caffeine.
    green tea ice cream brands recently posted..green tea ice cream brands

22. unusual news 2015
    December 14, 2015 | 10:30 pm

It is unlikely that a information company will make a purchase
    order and nonetheless allow you to preserve the rights.
    unusual news 2015 recently posted..unusual news 2015

23. new york sightseeing packages
    December 29, 2015 | 9:48 pm

I had to read it as I was intrigued to seek out out if there have been actually
    that many things to do in Singapore and of course there are.
    new york sightseeing packages recently posted..new york sightseeing packages

24. understanding god book
    January 18, 2016 | 1:42 am

An individual that’s not ready to depart from what he is doing
    incorrect, even when it is pointed out to him is a person who does not have understanding
    and is not able to understand.
    understanding god book recently posted..understanding god book

25. plant equipment group
    January 18, 2016 | 2:37 am

We will additionally hire out our property equivalent to Megalift
    (gantry system), Valla, Ormig and Versalift cranes, plus other lifting tools by means of our
    sister firm, Lifting Gear.
    plant equipment group recently posted..plant equipment group

26. comment-167137
    January 19, 2016 | 5:22 pm

The success of Virgin Group is based on the corporate parenting
    strategy, i.e., every new enterprise unit inherits company’s
    model name, values, management type, help and access to assets not
    expending sources to create them.
    comment-167137 recently posted..comment-167137

27. gartenliege kunststoff jardin
    January 21, 2016 | 3:40 am

Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the other
    person’s webpage link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do
    same in favor of you.
    gartenliege kunststoff jardin recently posted..gartenliege kunststoff jardin

28. c2479132307378910006
    January 22, 2016 | 9:34 pm

After Alexander the Great’s demise, Lydia handed to Antigonus; then Achaeus made himself king at
    Sardis, however was defeated and put to loss of life by Antiochus.
    c2479132307378910006 recently posted..c2479132307378910006

29. website design ideas 2015
    January 26, 2016 | 7:27 am

Present a detailed data of your focus market information and data in your plan.
    website design ideas 2015 recently posted..website design ideas 2015

30. tours 2016 music us
    February 10, 2016 | 1:41 pm

When the 15th-century illuminator Jean Fouquet was
    set the task of illuminating Josephus ‘s Jewish Antiquities, his depiction of Solomon’s Temple
    was modeled after the almost-complete cathedral of Excursions.
    tours 2016 music us recently posted..tours 2016 music us

31. radio monitoring pdf
    February 12, 2016 | 1:49 am

The radio monitoring system is the best resolution for anyone with
    a Voice Over IP (VOIP) telephone service like
    Vonage, Magic Jack or others.
    radio monitoring pdf recently posted..radio monitoring pdf

32. gaming channel video ideas
    February 23, 2016 | 6:08 am

Source: Console Avid gamers: Video Game Analysis & Buy Course of Report, Ipsos MediaCT,
    December 2011.
    gaming channel video ideas recently posted..gaming channel video ideas

33. house music mix blog
    March 2, 2016 | 5:52 am

The Dance Music Manual: Instruments, Toys,
    and Methods — Second Version: Chapter 11: Home.
    house music mix blog recently posted..house music mix blog

34. melodic trap 2015
    March 4, 2016 | 12:12 pm

twoTwonuclear familytwo tworevolting disgustingofrevolting disgustingnuclear familyfive hundred our favourite
    five hundredtwonuclear familyartistsrevolting disgustingtwo, five
    hundredAlunaGeorgerevolting disgustingnuclear familyfive hundred five hundredtwonuclear familyandrevolting disgustingfive hundred twoextended
    familyDJrevolting disgustingfive hundred twoextended familyrevolting disgustingSnakenuclear
    familyfive hundred , nuclear familyrevolting disgustingjoinednuclear
    familyfive hundred twonuclear familyforcesrevolting disgusting, five
    hundredtwoextended familyrevolting disgustingandrevolting disgustingextended familytwo five hundrednuclear familythetwofive hundred resulting extended
    familyrevolting disgustingremixrevolting disgustingtwo tworevolting disgustingis unimaginable.
    melodic trap 2015 recently posted..melodic trap 2015

35. chris wayne band country down
    March 9, 2016 | 7:52 pm

five hundrednuclear familyChrisrevolting disgustingfive hundred five
    hundredtwonuclear familyFerrellrevolting disgustingnuclear family,
    forty six, nuclear familyrevolting disgustinghadnuclear familytwo nuclear familyinstructedextended familytwofive hundred twoextended familyjurorsrevolting disgustingtwo five hundredtworevolting disgustingthatnuclear
    familytwo twonuclear familyrevolting disgustingherevolting disgustingextended familytwo five
    hundredextended familyshotfive hundred twoextended familyWaynenuclear familyfive hundred five hundredrevolting disgustingMillsrevolting disgustingfive hundred tworevolting disgustinginnuclear familyfive hundred extended familyrevolting disgustingNovemberextended
    familytwofive hundred extended family2013revolting disgustingextended family five hundredinnuclear familytwofive hundred
    twoextended familyselfnuclear familyfive hundred
    extended familydefensefive hundred.
    chris wayne band country down recently posted..chris wayne band country down

36. liquor store gallipoli
    April 1, 2016 | 8:28 am

The solely other time I actually have come throughout a business
    that appeared to try to get rid of future business, was from
    a manager at a hen franchise restaurant that had a
    half of value sale on particular dinners proper on the entrance of the shop.
    liquor store gallipoli recently posted..liquor store gallipoli

37. electric pedicure set
    April 5, 2016 | 9:03 am

Foot massagers have more and more turn into extra widespread and are a great different to
    masseuses.
    electric pedicure set recently posted..electric pedicure set

38. doctors opinion
    May 29, 2016 | 12:53 am

At the identical time individuals who have come nose to nose with the issue of
    taking a drug check claim that this is not the top of artificial urine as an alternative to human.
    doctors opinion recently posted..doctors opinion

39. social event photographer
    June 20, 2016 | 5:27 pm

It has been produced without any sponsoring so all earnings will go to overlaying the production costs and to the
    photographer himself, thus supporting productions like this
    and the artist.
    social event photographer recently posted..social event photographer

40. lying tricep extension p90x
    July 8, 2016 | 4:51 pm

Totally different exercise plans matched together with an excellent eating regimen plan will always do the trick.
    lying tricep extension p90x recently posted..lying tricep extension p90x

41. orbit behave pure
    July 16, 2016 | 6:18 pm

The difference that is only is the fact that you
    are buying one currency and selling another at the same
    period.
    orbit behave pure recently posted..orbit behave pure

42. job opportunity synonym
    July 17, 2016 | 10:45 pm

SURE Bank has reduced its marginal value of funds-based mostly lending
    rate (MCLR) by 10 basis factors across all tenors.
    job opportunity synonym recently posted..job opportunity synonym

43. rental property management
    July 25, 2016 | 8:14 am

As a layman, you can’t merely invest your money on a constructing based in your personal evaluation of the property.
    rental property management recently posted..rental property management

44. A professional property sale firm contract will include way
    over simply what they cost.
    waste management colorado holiday schedule recently posted..waste management colorado holiday schedule

45. Para fazer doce, basta misturar conteúdo do pote com os outros ingredientes, como ovo, manteiga e essência
    e levar ao forno.
    presentes criativos para namorado feito a mão recently posted..presentes criativos para namorado feito a mão

46. c3437222910921584619
    July 26, 2016 | 8:19 pm

E para finalizar temos abajur em formato de coração fabricado com estrutura de vidro, um merchandise incrível!
    c3437222910921584619 recently posted..c3437222910921584619

47. Imitation Jewelry in India
    August 10, 2016 | 6:52 am

Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry, upper-middle market jewellery retailer with greater than 250 free-standing stores in 39 states.
    Imitation Jewelry in India recently posted..Imitation Jewelry in India

48. c6318730562883189610
    August 27, 2016 | 11:00 am

If you might have some private flexibility, a cooperative preschool ,
    where dad and mom take a extra hands-on role, may very well be an option.
    c6318730562883189610 recently posted..c6318730562883189610

49. caftan cover up
    September 12, 2016 | 8:09 am

Trouvez ici des caftans pour femmes et caftan hommes en couleurs très
    tendances comme les caftans Rouge, caftan vert, Caftan Noir ou Gris.
    caftan cover up recently posted..caftan cover up